Who Will Take Care of My Children If I Die?

As a parent, have you ever wondered what would happen to your children if you and your spouse or significant other die while your children are still minors?  Well, if you don’t have a will stating whom you want to be the guardians of your children, then the State will decide who takes care of them. 

Maybe you do not care who will raise your children; but I would wager that most, if not all, parents would like to have their children raised by the people they want to take care of their children.  As parents, we have our own set of values and traditions that we would like to see passed on to our children. 

So, if you want to have a say in who will raise your children if you are pass on before they are adults, you should see an attorney to make sure your Last Will & Testament contains a Guardianship provision.  That is the only way to guarantee your children will be raised by the people you choose if you are not around to do so.  So, what are you waiting for already?  Get out there and call us to help you make sure your children are taken care of if you are not around to do so.  We would be honored to assist you with writing up a guardian provision as well as assisting you with your other estate planning needs.